Monday, April 16

My girls birthday







Wow my middle girl is turning 9 tomorrow. She is extremely excited about her special day and this is the first time she will be celebrating it on a school day.  Normally it coincides with Easter holidays.
This is rather embarrassing, this cross stitch cushion I started for her I think about three or four years ago, it then got stashed away in my cupboard of unfinished projects.
Today I dug it to get it finished for her birthday. You want believe it....project still not complete as my sewing machine is playing up.
I was so close to getting it complete in time. Just a little more stitching to join the front & back of the cushion together. She is an understanding daughter...hopefully can get my machine repaired quickly as have several projects that require machine sewing.
Will update you with finish project..hopefully sooner than later!
Her gifts are wrapped & ready. Have hidden for the morning present hunt!

2 comments:

  1. That must have been frustrating, so close to finishing. It looks like a sweet cushion you have stitched for her. I hope your daughter enjoyed her special day and finding her all of her birthday gifts, that sounds like a fun morning tradition. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey was so delighted with the cushion cover, even though not completed.She had such a delightful day & couldn't stop smiling and the nice thing she was so happy and kept thanking us for the "best day ever"!! My kids love hunting for their presents. Even on a school morning, we still made time for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment. Have a lovely day:) Nicole x