Tuesday, October 2

Work in progress

 





 
Yeah, the final piece to the puzzle arrived first thing this morning for the "Christening Quilt".

As mentioned  in an earlier post, my client requested a fabric which had a design of a doberman or black dog on it. This wasn't an easy task, lots of "Spot the dog" or "Scottish" dogs or fabrics with images of various dogs. But to find one with only a black dog looking like a doberman plus limited to only sourcing within Australia was tricky.

I did find the perfect piece and my client loves it. It also really compliments the rest of the quilts colour scheme and style.

I'm normally a random layout designer, just grabbing at the fabric & piecing it together. For this quilt, I was more methodical about fabric placement and layout. I had to consider the embroidery blocks & also with large scale fabrics of cars & traffic control prints. So it took time & patience to put it together.

Top quilt now complete, client thinks it looks fabulous (which is wonderful) now onto quilting!:)

Nx

www.inhomewares.com.au

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous print. The embroidery work is very impressive too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will truly be a lovely gift to be cherished forever. Happy week to you. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment. Have a lovely day:) Nicole x