Monday, October 1

New Project






 
We arrived back yesterday from enjoying a week at the beach. It was so nice to relax with no schedules or time limits for our little family to recharge and reconnect as a family and prepare for the final part of the year.
 
On my return I had some lovely packages awaiting for my next little commissioned quilt.

 
This is an interesting project as my client was quiet detailed in what she was seeking plus a tight turn around as it is a "Christening Quilt" for her godson.
 
The brief was for all family names including the Christening child's names to be incorporated in the quilt; colour scheme - grey; dark blues & red; must be really boyish and a fabric with a doberman or black dog (more on this later) to be included.
 
So I out sourced and got the individual names embroidered onto 6" square blocks. Due to deadline all fabrics were sourced within Australia as I couldn't afford any delays with international shipment.
 
Just waiting on one last piece to the puzzle to arrive. It was a little hard to source but finally located....more on that when it arrives!
 
Hope you have a wonderful creative week ahead:)
Nx
 

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be wonderful and what a treasure for a christening. Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics are so cute Nicole I love your choices. What a beautiful gift it will be. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment. Have a lovely day:) Nicole x