Tuesday, June 19

Funky Baby Quilt ... update

very chilly start to the day, so my cheeky charley was all snug in her fluffy pink dressing gown. one of the things I love about winter, wrapping my baby girl up in warm cozy clothes. don't get the opportunity much here in Queensland.





"cheeky charley designs" funky baby quilt is pieced together & ready for quilting.
I get so much joy from sewing and watching a quilt change & progress. I love all the different stages of designing and working on a quilt. 
first you have all these fabrics of various hues & designs layed out, then you cut them up, sew them back together, iron each seam along the way, sandwitch it together with the backing fabric & then the therapeutic stage of hand quilting. I more often than not randomly piece it together and for some reason more often not it seems to work out.
then once it is complete & you deliver it to the new owner & you see such joy in their face...every stage is so worthwhile!

do you have a favourite stage to your craft?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment. Have a lovely day:) Nicole x