Monday, May 7

Quality time with your kids

As a mother of kids how do you get the balance right with each and spend quality time with each?
This is something I struggle with and find particularly hard with my older daughters, who are school age and lead busy lives.
On Sunday I decided to have a girly morning, it wasn't one on one, but it was quality time together. They chose what girls like best...to go into the city to shop!! I must say, I'm not a big shopper, online shopping is my preference. So the three girls and I hit the city. The big girls had birthday money & gift vouchers that had to be spent!!
We also stumbled upon the "Brisbane boutique markets". We are all big fans of markets, I was particularly inspired by the many wonderful crafty people who were displaying their fabulous creations.

Cheeky Charley enjoyed her first milkshake. Big sister tried to help her, but she quickly decided she could do this on her own. Little Miss Independence at the tender age of 13 & half months!



She also took her first steps and learnt a silly new facial expression... which we all think is hilarious:)

We had a beautiful morning together, sharing quality time together.

A friend with older girls now in their early twenties, said she use to treat her daughters to a weekly "luxurious bath", candles; lots of bubbles (bubble bath) and a mocktail. She does it for them now when they are stressed or require down time. I love this idea and am going to start this on my girls and boy.


Do you have a special tradition you do with your child/children or treat them to some indulgent experience?
Nx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment. Have a lovely day:) Nicole x